Nominations Now Open | Deadline: August 31
POWER-GEN Woman of the Year Nomination Instructions
The Power Generation Week Woman of the Year Award is given annually in an effort to inspire young women to pursue careers in energy by showcasing highly successful women in the power industry.
- Any woman who works in the power industry may be nominated
Entry Requirements and Scoring
Woman of the Year nominations originate from people who have worked with successful women in the power industry.
TIP: The time and effort you take in filling out the nomination form is important for the committee to understand all of the achievements that your nominee has made in her life. Incomplete nominations will be deleted.
Scoring and Information You Should Gather
Woman of the Year nominations are scored by the Women in Power Committee based on the following criteria:
Advanced the Power Generation Industry – 60 percent. These questions are designed to determine how your nominee has advanced the power generation industry. This section is worth 60 points.
- List significant organization accomplishments of which she has been a part.
- List significant personal accomplishments that the nominee has achieved.
- List the career, personal or organizational challenges that she has had to overcome in order to advance the power generation industry.
These questions are designed to evaluate the leadership qualities that your nominee possesses. Please list specific examples. This section is worth 20 points.
- Describe the nominee’s ability to articulate and execute her vision when leading projects or initiatives.
- Explain how your nominee has collaborated with others.
- Explain how your nominee has influenced others.
The Power-Gen 2017 Woman of the Year Award will be given to a woman who has made a substantial community impact, be that within her local community or the greater community at large. This section is worth 20 points.
- List the individual contributions that the nominee has made to her community.
- List any industry associations of which she is a member.
- List any other awards the nominee has received.
- Explain how your nominee has mentored others.
Fee: The is no fee to nominate a Woman of the Year
Deadline: The deadline to nominate a Woman of the Year is August 31, 2018.
Woman of the Year Award for 2017:
For more information, contact: